The Suave Squire






Having read parts of the Canterbury Tales before, I knew what to expect when diving into the general prologue. But, of course, middle English still got to me and I trudged along, trying to figure out what these characters were all about. The one person that I have found most entertaining thus far is the Squire. Our narrator describes him as a dashing young lad who is anything but boring! With his perfectly curled hair and his singing capabilities, I might wonder if he was a ladies man...but thanks to Chaucer, I don't have to wonder! We're told about the Squire's evening shenanigans: "So hoote he lovede, that by nightertale / He slepte namoore than dooth a nightingale." 

Image result for heath ledger knights tale gif
The dashingly handsome Heath Ledger as young SQUIRE William, from Giphy.com

Of course, the other appealing person would have to be the Cook, after all, I've heard that he bakes great pies!

Comments